Here are nine recent health IT vendor contracts and go-lives:
1. Anthem health plan members with the latest version of the Samsung Health app on their Galaxy devices can now access American Well telehealth services as part of a newly announced partnership.
2. The U.S. Defense Department plans to increase its health records contract with Cerner by $1.1 billion, officials said July 24.
3. Walgreens launched a digital platform and marketplace July 26 to connect online consumers with 17 providers operating at various Walgreens retail locations, including DermatologistOnCall and MDLive.
4. The Indiana Health Information Exchange plans to implement applications from clinical data management vendor Diameter Health to help share data between payers and providers.
5. The Discovery Channel's new Shark Week special "Sharkwrecked," which premiered July 26, featured a paramedic team using telemedicine equipment from the vendor Dictum Health.
6.Anthem has expanded its existing services agreement with IBM, the tech giant confirmed July 26.
7. New York City-based Mount Sinai Health System signed a joint venture agreement with Novotalk to commercialize language tools to support patients with speech impairments across the U.S. and Canada.
8. New York City-based NYU Langone Health expanded its partnership with Omnicell to automate medication management processes at the Helen L. and Martin S. Kimmel Pavilion, its new inpatient facility.
9. Miami-based Westchester General Hospital partnered with personalized healthcare technology company Progressive Care to implement its DischargeRX transitional care program.
More articles on health IT:
Google wants to create earbuds that monitor users' health
New technology, ancient origins: How Epic, Cerner & more got their names
700K paper records breached in 2018 — More than half attributed to 1 break-in